The Transportation Program
DAV Industries, Inc. supplies vans to transport veterans, on a daily basis, to and from medical appointments at the VA Hospital and various outpatient clinics, at no cost.
VA Health Center of La Jolla
With the funds generated by the generous donations we receive, we continually purchase medical equipment for the hospital, as recommended by the VA Hospital Administrator.
Department Service Officers
At the state level, The DAV Industries, Inc. financially supports several service officers who are trained to aid, counsel and represent our disabled veterans with claims and other assistance. The Department Service Officers may be reached at: 619-299-6916.
The D.A.V. is also a large contributor to local charities. These charities in turn, assist our veterans. A few are listed for your information:
- Meals on Wheels
- American Cancer Society
- Elizabeth Hospice
- V.A. Hospital – La Jolla California. Support a myriad of programs for this facility.
- VA Hospital Emergency Room Financial Support
- Provide Monthly Bingo and Refreshments for VA Hospital Patients
- Purchase Miscellaneous Medical Equipment on a quarterly basis
- Miscellaneous Furniture for VA Hospital
- Monthly Financial Support for General Post Fund At VA Hospital for Patient Comfort Needs
D.A.V. Industries, Inc. has been serving veterans for over 50 years.
Board of Directors
Macario C. Dimayuga, President
Clifford Caldwell, Vice President
Lawrence Fricke, Treasurer
Suey M. Lee, Secretary
Guy Anastasia, Member
Linda Sundberg, Member
David Rathgeber, Member
James Galliher, Member
Mark Carpenter, Member
George Sherrod, Director
Nancy Casey, Director
D.A.V. Thrift Stores General Manager is Teri L. Sutton of M.R. Whit, Inc.
- Automobiles, Boats, RVs, Vehicles, Trucks, Motorcycles
- Misc. Knickknacks
- Household Goods
- Office supplies
- Medical equipment (wheelchairs, walkers, shower chairs, commodes, hospital beds, canes, transport bench, crutches)
- Sporting Equipment
- Art & More